High-end fashion conference – innovation and sustainability
October 11-12, 2017 in Kuwait City at Radisson Blu Hotel.
The EU-GCC Trade and Business Cooperation Facility is hosting a high-end fashion conference in Kuwait on October 11, 2017. On October 12, 2017 the EU-GCC Trade and Business Cooperation Facility has invited design school directors from the GCC together with top-performing students and some established designers to participate in a masterclass on sustainability, innovation and alternative materials.
Research shows, that Muslim consumers spend an estimated $230 billion on clothing. That figure is projected to grow to $327 billion by 2019, surpassing the current combined clothing markets of the UK ($107 billion), Germany ($99 billion) and India ($96 billion). Kuwait is the second biggest importer of apparel and fashion in the Gulf. However, the GCC is not only an export market. With the right institutional support, the GCC has a great potential to become a fashion exporter to the rest of the world. The high-end fashion conference in Kuwait therefore offers a great opportunity for companies, buyers, designers, influencers and organizations to share experience and knowledge that will develop further cooperation between the EU and the GCC within the fashion industry.
- Gather relevant industry people to create a unique platform for network and knowledge sharing to start dialogue on future cooperation and business relations.
- To strengthen the fashion industry in Kuwait, and support the development of a stronger business environment for local designers.
- To introduce alternative and unique materials within fashion, and showcase EU-GCC fashion collaborations.
- Inspire upcoming designers and entrepreneurs through network and create closer relations between EU and GCC designers, retailers and entrepreneurs.
- Highlight the importance of female entrepreneurship and craftsmanship.